Therapy Tidbits – Summer/Fall 2023 is a new 1-hour online continuing education (CE) course comprised of select articles from the current issue of The National Psychologist, a private, independent, online newsletter intended to keep psychologists informed about practice issues.
The articles included in this course are:
- Should AI Be Used in Ethical Healthcare Decision Making? – Encourages the reader to consider when and how AI should be incorporated into clinical decision making.
- Severe Need for More Psychologists – Provides statistics that highlight the supply and demand problem in health service psychology and makes recommendations for encouraging students to pursue a career in psychology.
- Psychologists’ Ethical Use of Self-Disclosure about Highly Charged Issues – Considers the possible types of self-disclosure and whether self-disclosure can be used ethically in therapy to support client outcomes.
- How are Tabletop Role-Playing Games Being Used in Therapy? – Describes tabletop role playing games as a tool to engage and support clients in therapy.
- HIPAA – Must I Comply? It Doesn’t Have to Be Perfect – Outlines recommendations for ensuring HIPAA compliance.
- Iowa Psychological Association Opposes PsyPact – Reviews the concerns of enacting interstate compacts to provide telehealth.
- Differing Views on PSYPACT – Offers positive outcomes of enacting interstate compacts to provide telehealth.
- Should Psychologists Refuse Care for Clients They Find Morally Objectionable? – Highlights sections of the APA code of ethics as they relate to providing quality of care for diverse populations.
Course #11-54 | 2023 | 19 pages | 10 posttest questions
- CE Credit: 1 Hour
- Target Audience: Psychologists
- Learning Level: Introductory
- Course Type: Online
Professional Development Resources is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Professional Development Resources maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Professional Development Resources is also approved by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC ACEP #5590); the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB Provider #1046, ACE Program); the Continuing Education Board of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA Provider #AAUM); the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA Provider #3159); the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR Provider #PR001); the Alabama State Board of Occupational Therapy; the Arizona Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners; the Florida Boards of Social Work, Mental Health Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology and Office of School Psychology, Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, Dietetics and Nutrition, and Occupational Therapy Practice; the Georgia State Board of Occupational Therapy; the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners – Occupational Therapy; the Mississippi MSDoH Bureau of Professional Licensure – Occupational Therapy; the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists (#PSY-0145), State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors (#MHC-0135) and marriage and family therapists (#MFT-0100), and the State Board for Social Workers an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers (#SW-0664); the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and MFT Board (#RCST100501) and Speech and Hearing Professionals Board; the South Carolina Board of Examiners for Licensure of Professional Counselors and Therapists (#193), Examiners in Psychology, Social Worker Examiners, Occupational Therapy, and Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology; the Tennessee Board of Occupational Therapy; the Texas Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists (#114) and State Board of Social Worker Examiners (#5678); the West Virginia Board of Social Work; the Wyoming Board of Psychology; and is CE Broker compliant (#50-1635 – all courses are reported within a few days of completion).