Therapy Tidbits – Spring 2023 is a new 1-hour online continuing education (CE) course comprised of select articles from the Winter 2022/Spring 2023 issue of The National Psychologist, a private, independent, online newsletter intended to keep psychologists informed about practice issues.
The articles included in Therapy Tidbits – Spring 2023 are:
- Investigation Exposes Corruption in For-Profit Hospice Care – Discusses the ways in which ‘for-profit’ hospice facilities can exploit patients.
- Charles Manson’s Psychopathology Complicated and Fascinating – Shares the findings of a recently published journal article on the last psychological evaluation of Charles Manson.
- What You Need to Know About DSM-5 – Offers a brief overview of the current changes to the DSM-V as outlined in the DSM-V-TR.
- Clinicians and the Court – Provides a broad overview of risk management considerations and strategies for receiving subpoenas and writing third party advocacy letters for patients.
- Make Cyber Security a Priority– Suggests security measures that can be taken to guard against cyber-attacks, ransomware, and data breaches.
- Private Equity Firms Devouring US Healthcare – Presents information on the way in which for-profit private equity firms are moving into the healthcare industry.
- Psychodiagnostic Testing Faces Many Roadblocks – Highlights the ways in which access to clinical diagnostic services is hindered and suggests strategies for revitalizing this clinical role of psychologists.
Course #11-52 | 2023 | 19 pages | 10 posttest questions
- CE Credit: 1 Hour
- Target Audience: Psychologists
- Learning Level: Introductory
- Course Type: Online
Click here to learn more about Therapy Tidbits – Spring 2023
Professional Development Resources is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Professional Development Resources maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Professional Development Resources is also approved by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC ACEP #5590); the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB Provider #1046, ACE Program); the Continuing Education Board of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA Provider #AAUM); the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA Provider #3159); the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR Provider #PR001); the Alabama State Board of Occupational Therapy; the Arizona Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners; the Florida Boards of Social Work, Mental Health Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology and Office of School Psychology, Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, Dietetics and Nutrition, and Occupational Therapy Practice; the Georgia State Board of Occupational Therapy; the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners – Occupational Therapy; the Mississippi MSDoH Bureau of Professional Licensure – Occupational Therapy; the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists (#PSY-0145), State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors (#MHC-0135) and marriage and family therapists (#MFT-0100), and the State Board for Social Workers an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers (#SW-0664); the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and MFT Board (#RCST100501) and Speech and Hearing Professionals Board; the South Carolina Board of Examiners for Licensure of Professional Counselors and Therapists (#193), Examiners in Psychology, Social Worker Examiners, Occupational Therapy, and Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology; the Tennessee Board of Occupational Therapy; the Texas Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists (#114) and State Board of Social Worker Examiners (#5678); the West Virginia Board of Social Work; the Wyoming Board of Psychology; and is CE Broker compliant (#50-1635 – all courses are reported within a few days of completion).
Enjoy 20% off all online continuing education (CE/CEU) courses @pdresources.org! Click here for details.