Therapy Tidbits Fall 2020 is a new 1-hour online continuing education (CE) course comprised of select articles from the Fall 2020 issue of The National Psychologist, a private, independent, quarterly newspaper intended to keep psychologists informed about practice issues.
The articles included in Therapy Tidbits Fall 2020 are:
- Stress for Psychologists Piles up During Pandemic – Highlights the ways in which the pandemic has affected psychologists and stresses the importance of caring for oneself.
- Sex Therapy Begins with Asking about Sex Life – Provides a brief overview of Sensate Focus therapy and Teyber and McClure’s Interpersonal Process Therapy for helping clients.
- Minority IQ Scores Boosted to Enable Execution – Discusses the issue of boosting IQ scores for minorities in sentencing and briefly explains the outcomes of relevant court cases.
- Increase in Financial Scams of Older Adults Creates Need for Expert Evaluators – Describes consumer fraud targeted at older adults and discusses Lichtenberg’s financial-decision tools to help inform capacity evaluations.
- Skinnerian Steps Needed to Increase Successful COVID-Reduction Methods – Suggests possible positive strategies to encourage the general public to follow recommended safety guidelines during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Task Force Moves Ahead on Suicide Prevention Initiatives – Provides information on the efforts of the PREVENTS (President’s Roadmap to Empower Veterans and End A National Tragedy of Suicide) Taskforce to raise public awareness and create new support systems and training in suicide prevention.
- Picking the Right Marketing Practices – Offers advice on effective marketing strategies to grow your practice.
- A Guide to Child Custody Evaluations and Expert Testimony – Highlights key points to bear in mind before becoming involved with child custody evaluations and expert testimony.
- Finding Your Inner Expert – Outlines steps to finding your field of expertise as a clinician.
- How Academia’s Misguided Efforts at ‘Diversity’ Education is Failing Students – Highlights the need to look at how cultural competency is currently taught in most universities and suggests how this can be improved.
Course #11-39 | 2020 | 17 pages | 10 posttest questions
Therapy Tidbits Fall 2020 provides instant access to the course materials (PDF download) and CE test. The course is text-based (reading) and the CE test is open-book (you can print the test to mark your answers on it while reading the course document).
Successful completion of this course involves passing an online test (80% required, 3 chances to take) and we ask that you also complete a brief course evaluation.
Professional Development Resources is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Professional Development Resources maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Professional Development Resources is also approved by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC ACEP #5590); the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB Provider #1046, ACE Program); the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA Provider #3159); the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR Provider #PR001); the Alabama State Board of Occupational Therapy; the Florida Boards of Social Work, Mental Health Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy (#BAP346), Psychology & School Psychology (#50-1635), Dietetics & Nutrition (#50-1635), and Occupational Therapy Practice (#34); the Georgia State Board of Occupational Therapy; the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors (#MHC-0135); the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & MFT Board (#RCST100501); the South Carolina Board of Professional Counselors & MFTs (#193); the Texas Board of Examiners of Marriage & Family Therapists (#114) and State Board of Social Worker Examiners (#5678); and is CE Broker compliant (all courses are reported within a few days of completion).
Enjoy 20% off all online continuing education (CE/CEU) courses @pdresources.org! Click here for details.