Therapy Tidbits – Spring 2022 is a new 1-hour online continuing education (CE) course comprised of select articles from the Spring 2022 issue of The National Psychologist, a private, independent, quarterly newspaper intended to keep psychologists informed about practice issues.
The articles included in this course are:
- No Surprises Act (NSA) Clarifies Patient Rights – Discusses the NSA and provides guidance in demonstrating good faith attempts at compliance.
- Pharmacists Can be Valuable Asset to Treating Depression – Describes how pharmacists and psychologists can work together to increase availability of treatment to people with mental health illness.
- The Business Side of Practice – Highlights the importance of financial literacy and business management skills as they impact a psychologist’s ability to run a profitable practice and provide quality services to their clients.
- Laws, Risk Management, Ethics Important for Psychologists – Differentiates the terms ‘laws,’ risk management,’ and ‘ethics’ and offers examples of best practices.
- Alzheimer’s Association Charges CMS with Discrimination for Not Paying for Alzheimer Drug – Offers evidence indicating that the CMS’s decision not to reimburse consumers for an Alzheimer’s drug marketed as Aduhelm (aduncanumab) is sensible.
- Psychologists Key to Families, Schools Navigating Pandemic – Focuses on the ways psychologists and schools can collaborate to build communities of support for vulnerable children and families.
- Venture Capitalists at Odds – Considers the areas of concern regarding venture capitalist companies and employers.
- Telehealth Training for Mental Health Providers Essential – Provides an overview of competencies necessary to offer ‘telehealth’ and directs the reader to relevant books and organizations that offer training.
- Proper Mindset Creates Success – Reinforces the importance of having a Growth Mindset.
- Digital Presence Key to Growing Young Practice – Guides practitioners in the use of digital marketing to promote their private practice.
Course #11-47 | 2022 | 21 pages | 10 posttest questions
Click here to learn more about Therapy Tidbits – Spring 2022
- CE Credit: 1 Hour
- Target Audience: Psychologists
- Learning Level: Introductory
- Course Type: Online
This online course, Therapy Tidbits – Spring 2022, provides instant access to the course materials (PDF download) and CE test. The course is text-based (reading) and the CE test is open-book (you can print the test to mark your answers on it while reading the course document).
Successful completion of this course involves passing an online test (80% required, 3 chances to take) and we ask that you also complete a brief course evaluation. Click here to learn more.
Professional Development Resources is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Professional Development Resources maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Professional Development Resources is also approved by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC ACEP #5590); the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB Provider #1046, ACE Program); the Continuing Education Board of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA Provider #AAUM); the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA Provider #3159); the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR Provider #PR001); the Alabama State Board of Occupational Therapy; the Arizona Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners; the Florida Boards of Social Work, Mental Health Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology and Office of School Psychology, Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, Dietetics and Nutrition, and Occupational Therapy Practice; the Georgia State Board of Occupational Therapy; the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners – Occupational Therapy; the Mississippi MSDoH Bureau of Professional Licensure – Occupational Therapy; the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists (#PSY-0145), State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors (#MHC-0135) and marriage and family therapists (#MFT-0100), and the State Board for Social Workers an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers (#SW-0664); the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and MFT Board (#RCST100501) and Speech and Hearing Professionals Board; the South Carolina Board of Examiners for Licensure of Professional Counselors and Therapists (#193), Examiners in Psychology, Social Worker Examiners, Occupational Therapy, and Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology; the Tennessee Board of Occupational Therapy; the Texas Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists (#114) and State Board of Social Worker Examiners (#5678); the West Virginia Board of Social Work; the Wyoming Board of Psychology; and is CE Broker compliant (#50-1635 – all courses are reported within a few days of completion).
Enjoy 20% off all online continuing education (CE/CEU) courses @pdresources.org! Click here for details.