Therapy Tidbits – Winter 2021 is a new 1-hour online continuing education (CE) course comprised of select articles from the Winter 2021 issue of The National Psychologist, a private, independent, quarterly newspaper intended to keep psychologists informed about practice issues.
The articles included in Therapy Tidbits – Winter 2021 are:
- Pandemic Spurs Interest in Walk-and-Talk Therapy – Introduces the idea of ‘Walk and Talk’ therapy sessions, highlighting the pros and cons of such sessions.
- Cybersecurity for Telehealth in the Home Office – Provides practical tips on staying maintaining security while providing teletherapy from a home office.
- Disclosing Test Data to Patients Continues to be an Issue – Presents reasons why disclosing patient test data is the greater legal/ethical choice and suggests ways to maintain the integrity and security of test materials.
- Social Media Guidelines Adopted by ASPPB – Notifies readers of the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards’ (ASPPB) newly adopted social media guidelines.
- Seeing Domestic Violence Through Another Lens – Highlights how men, who are victims of domestic violence, are overlooked and underserved.
- Talk of Risks, Side Effects May Lead to Nocebo Effect – Discusses the Nocebo Effects and suggests ways to reduce the frequency and severity of them.
- Psychotherapy, Embodiment, and the Dharma – The author shares his excitement for the practice of integrating traditional Western psychotherapy and contemplative practices, to achieve more effective therapeutic treatment.
- Dreams Can Be Valuable in Therapy – Discusses the importance of dreams in memory consolidation, emotional regulation, and unconscious processes.
- Geropsychologists Find Success, Satisfaction with All Manner of Online Training – Introduces successful geropsychologists who provide online training.
Course #11-40 | 2021 | 16 pages | 10 posttest questions
- CE Credit: 1 Hour
- Target Audience: Psychologists
- Learning Level: Introductory
- Course Type: Online
Therapy Tidbits – Winter 2021 provides instant access to the course materials (PDF download) and CE test. The course is text-based (reading) and the CE test is open-book (you can print the test to mark your answers on it while reading the course document).
Successful completion of this course involves passing an online test (80% required, 3 chances to take) and we ask that you also complete a brief course evaluation.
Professional Development Resources is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Professional Development Resources maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Professional Development Resources is also approved by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC ACEP #5590); the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB Provider #1046, ACE Program); the Continuing Education Board of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA Provider #AAUM); the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA Provider #3159); the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR Provider #PR001); the Alabama State Board of Occupational Therapy; the Arizona Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners; the Florida Boards of Social Work, Mental Health Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy (#BAP346), Psychology & School Psychology (#50-1635), Dietetics & Nutrition (#50-1635), and Occupational Therapy Practice (#34); the Georgia State Board of Occupational Therapy; the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors (#MHC-0135); the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & MFT Board (#RCST100501); the South Carolina Board of Professional Counselors & MFTs (#193); the Texas Board of Examiners of Marriage & Family Therapists (#114) and State Board of Social Worker Examiners (#5678); and is CE Broker compliant (all courses are reported within a few days of completion).