Therapy Tidbits – Summer 2022 is a new 1-hour online continuing education (CE) course comprised of select articles from the Summer 2022 issue of The National Psychologist, a private, independent, quarterly publication intended to keep psychologists informed about practice issues.
The articles included in this course are:
- Mental Health 988 Emergency Lifeline Makes National Debut – Celebrates the nationwide availability of the 988-emergency phone number.
- Minnesota Oversight Process Lacking – Sheds light on a flaw of the Minnesota Health Professionals Services Program (HPSP).
- Reflections on the Tarasoff Case – Reviews the laws surrounding the Tarasoff Case and the clinician’s Duty to Warn.
- Safety Plans Critical for Suicidal Patients – Discusses the benefits of safety plans for suicidal patients.
- Psychiatrist to Return $1.1 Million for Not Complying with Medicare Regulations – Reviews the circumstances of an Office of Inspector General (OIG) audit and suggests strategies to ensure clinicians follow Medicare guidelines for reimbursement.
- Creating a Comprehensive, Practical, and Useful Document – Provides information for writing professional wills.
- Foundation Gives FSU $3.4 Million for Forgiveness Study – Introduces a new FSU study on the psychology of divine forgiveness or forgiveness from a higher power.
- Learn Rules Before Playing Managed Care Game – Explains the requirements for offering and seeking reimbursement for managed care.
- Misinformation Can Damage Patient Outcomes – Describes common misinterpreted ethical principles relating to standard of care.
- Prolonged Grief Disorder Added to DSM-5 TR – Considers the addition of Prolonged Grief Disorder (PGD), as added to the DSM-5 TR.
Course #11-48 | 2022 | 19 pages | 10 posttest questions
- CE Credit: 1 Hour
- Target Audience: Psychologists
- Learning Level: Introductory
- Course Type: Online
Professional Development Resources is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Professional Development Resources maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Professional Development Resources is also approved by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC ACEP #5590); the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB Provider #1046, ACE Program); the Continuing Education Board of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA Provider #AAUM); the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA Provider #3159); the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR Provider #PR001); the Alabama State Board of Occupational Therapy; the Arizona Board of Occupational Therapy Examiners; the Florida Boards of Social Work, Mental Health Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology and Office of School Psychology, Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, Dietetics and Nutrition, and Occupational Therapy Practice; the Georgia State Board of Occupational Therapy; the Louisiana State Board of Medical Examiners – Occupational Therapy; the Mississippi MSDoH Bureau of Professional Licensure – Occupational Therapy; the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Psychology as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed psychologists (#PSY-0145), State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors (#MHC-0135) and marriage and family therapists (#MFT-0100), and the State Board for Social Workers an approved provider of continuing education for licensed social workers (#SW-0664); the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker and MFT Board (#RCST100501) and Speech and Hearing Professionals Board; the South Carolina Board of Examiners for Licensure of Professional Counselors and Therapists (#193), Examiners in Psychology, Social Worker Examiners, Occupational Therapy, and Examiners in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology; the Tennessee Board of Occupational Therapy; the Texas Board of Examiners of Marriage and Family Therapists (#114) and State Board of Social Worker Examiners (#5678); the West Virginia Board of Social Work; the Wyoming Board of Psychology; and is CE Broker compliant (#50-1635 – all courses are reported within a few days of completion).