Therapy Tidbits – Fall 2019 is a new 1-hour online continuing education (CE) course comprised of select articles from the Fall 2019 issue of The National Psychologist, a private, independent, quarterly newspaper intended to keep psychologists informed about practice issues. Course #11-34 | 2019 | 18 pages | 10 posttest questions
The articles included in Therapy Tidbits – Fall 2019 are:
- New Lawsuit Revives Issue of Duty to Warn – Reminds practitioners of their Duty to Warn of potential threatening behavior from patients and recommends keeping up to date with specific state laws.
- Increases Anticipated Next Year for Assisting Medical Patients – Provides the history behind, and an explanation of, the proposed changes to the Health and Behavior (H&B) CPT codes in January 2020.
- PSYPACT Soon to be Operational – An overview of PSYPACT and proposed timeline for its authorization.
- Calling out Microaggressions: An Ethical Obligation – Provides an example of microagression and suggests a structured, easy to remember, strategy for intervention.
- Practitioners can Help Latino Community – Offers strategies (including education, CBT, and creating support groups) to help members of the Latino Community.
- Social Factors Outweigh Treatment in Health Outcomes – Provides an overview of the ways in which healthcare providers collect data on the Social Determinants of Health and how they affect a person’s well-being.
- Urinary Tract Infection Can Cause Misdiagnoses in Elderly – Describes the complexities of, and offers advice for, diagnosing a UTI in the elderly.
- What Kind of Liability Insurance is Best? – Discusses the difference between an Occurrence insurance policy and a Claims-Made policy.
- ECPs in Rural Areas Face Challenges – Lists the challenges faced by early-career psychologists practicing in rural areas and offers suggestions for managing them.
This online course (Therapy Tidbits – Fall 2019) provides instant access to the course materials (PDF download) and CE test. The course is text-based (reading) and the CE test is open-book (you can print the test to mark your answers on it while reading the course document).
Successful completion of the online CE test (80% required to pass, 3 chances to take) and course evaluation are required to earn a certificate of completion. Click here to learn more.
Professional Development Resources is a nonprofit educational corporation 501(c)(3) organized in 1992. We are approved to sponsor continuing education by the American Psychological Association (APA); the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC); the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB); the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA); the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA); the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR); the Alabama State Board of Occupational Therapy; the Florida Boards of Social Work, Mental Health Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology & School Psychology, Dietetics & Nutrition, Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, and Occupational Therapy Practice; the Georgia State Board of Occupational Therapy; the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors (#MHC-0135); the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & MFT Board and Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology; the South Carolina Board of Professional Counselors & MFTs; the Texas Board of Examiners of Marriage & Family Therapists and State Board of Social Worker Examiners; and are CE Broker compliant (all courses are reported within a few days of completion).
PDR offers over 150 accredited online CE courses for healthcare professionals.
Target Audience: Psychologists, School Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists (MFTs), Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs), Occupational Therapists (OTs), Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs), and Teachers
Enjoy 20% off all online continuing education (CE/CEU) courses @pdresources.org! Click here for details.