Florida-licensed dietitians and nutritionists are required to earn 30 hours of continuing education credits during each 2-year licensing cycle in order to renew by May 31st of odd-numbered years. Of the 30 hours:
- 2 hours on Preventing Medical Errors are required each renewal
- 3 hours on HIV/AIDS are required for the first renewal only
- Up to 20 hours may be earned through online (home study) courses
- No more than 10 hours may be earned in risk management, personal growth, management and educational techniques per biennium
- All continuing education hours must be reported to CE Broker in order to renew.
Florida RDNs can save 20% on all CE courses @ www.pdresources.org (up to 20 hours allowed per renewal). Discount will automatically apply at checkout (for Florida Nutrition/Dietetics professionals). Coupon code: PDRPC208
Professional Development Resources is a CPE Accredited Provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR Provider #PR001). CPE accreditation does not constitute endorsement by CDR of provider programs or materials. Professional Development Resources is also a provider with the Florida Council of Dietetics and Nutrition (Provider #50-1635) and is CE Broker compliant (all courses are reported within 1 week of completion).