New Online CE Course @pdresources.org
Therapy Tidbits – November/December 2018 is a new 1-hour online continuing education (CE) course comprised of select articles from the Nov/Dec 2018 issue of The National Psychologist, a private, independent bi-monthly newspaper intended to keep mental health professionals informed about practice issues. The articles included in this course are:
- ACA Hasn’t Reduced Health Care Costs – Explains the impact of the ACA on independent practice doctors and the new recommendation for payment parity for clinic visits.
- Out-of-Office Encounters May Be Beneficial – Discusses the importance and benefits of out of office therapy sessions and encounters with clients.
- Court Cases, Market Forces – An overview of court cases that highlight the ways in which regulatory boards may be at risk for an FTC complaint or federal suit.
- Most Military Efforts Miss Target on Suicide Prevention – Provides an overview of the military’s current programs to support individuals struggling with suicidality and recommends a positive support process.
- Closing Practice Not for Faint of Heart – Highlights the emotional toll that closing a private practice can have on clinicians and offers practical advice on how to prepare for this transition.
- CBT: Helpful Hints for Clients – Lists cognitive behavioral therapy strategies for helping clients.
- HIPAA Preempts State Laws – A review of HIPPA requirements regarding personal representatives after a patient’s death.
- Empathy May Be Ill-Timed in Treating Trauma – Explains why offering empathy in the treatment of trauma patients may be counter-productive, but offers hope that with therapy the client may eventually be ready to accept a clinician’s compassion.
Course #11-24 | 2018 | 17 pages | 10 posttest questions
Professional Development Resources is a nonprofit educational corporation 501(c)(3) organized in 1992. We are approved to sponsor continuing education by the American Psychological Association (APA); the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC); the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB); the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA); the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA); the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR); the Alabama State Board of Occupational Therapy; the Florida Boards of Social Work, Mental Health Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology & School Psychology, Dietetics & Nutrition, Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, and Occupational Therapy Practice; the Georgia State Board of Occupational Therapy; the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors (#MHC-0135); the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & MFT Board and Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology; the South Carolina Board of Professional Counselors & MFTs; the Texas Board of Examiners of Marriage & Family Therapists and State Board of Social Worker Examiners; and are CE Broker compliant (all courses are reported within a few days of completion).