New Online CE Course @pdresources.org
Therapy Tidbits – July/August 2018 is a new 1-hour online continuing education (CE) course comprised of select articles from the July/August 2018 issue of The National Psychologist, a private, independent bi-monthly newspaper intended to keep psychologists and other mental health professionals informed about practice issues. The articles included in this course are:
- Hacking Creates Market for Cyber Insurance – Discusses the need for cyber insurance and provides examples of the types of coverage currently available to psychologists.
- VA’s Telehealth Rule Raises Licensing Concerns – Describes the benefits and possible difficulties of the VA’s new rule, which allows VA psychologists to use technology in treatment of veterans regardless of the state of licensure or patient’s state of residence.
- WHO Reclassifies Transgenderism – Statement noting the removal of transgenderism from the World Health Organization’s classifications of mental illness.
- States Ponder Possible Changes to ACA – Highlights the opportunity to apply for Affordable Care Act Section 1332 innovation waiver, and cites examples of how states are attempting to reform the law.
- Should Psychologists Abide by the Goldwater Rule? – The author shares her thoughts on the possible impact psychologists have on politics, and notes the psychologist’s obligation to adhere to the Goldwater Rule.
- We Need a “Men’s Movement” – Discusses the need to re-evaluate society’s expectations of males in order to end antisocial behavior of errant males and to acquire views and practices that are more psychologically reliable in giving men better lives.
- Managing Risks of Telepsychology – A brief overview of the possible risks associated with telepsychology.
- Supervising in the Age of #MeToo, Trigger Warning and Safe Spaces – A look at the nuances of interactions between supervisors and supervisees in light of the current social and political climate.
- Many Clients Need Financial Therapy – A look at this emerging field of therapy focused on evaluation and treatment of the “cognitive, emotional, behavioral, relational, and economic aspects of financial health” affecting one’s daily life.
- Coming to Terms with LGBTQ Issues in Teen Therapy – Highlights the importance of educating oneself about LGBTQ issues in teen therapy and suggests websites that offer more information.
Course #11-21 | 2018 | 20 pages | 10 posttest questions
Our online courses provide instant access to the course materials (PDF download) and CE test. Successful completion of the online CE test (80% required to pass, 3 chances to take) and course evaluation are required to earn a certificate of completion. Click here to learn more. Have a question? Contact us. We’re here to help!
Professional Development Resources is a nonprofit educational corporation 501(c)(3) organized in 1992. We are approved to sponsor continuing education by the American Psychological Association (APA); the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC); the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB); the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA); the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA); the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR); the Alabama State Board of Occupational Therapy; the Florida Boards of Social Work, Mental Health Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology & School Psychology, Dietetics & Nutrition, Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, and Occupational Therapy Practice; the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & MFT Board and Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology; the South Carolina Board of Professional Counselors & MFTs; the Texas Board of Examiners of Marriage & Family Therapists and State Board of Social Worker Examiners; and are CE Broker compliant (all courses are reported within a few days of completion).
Target Audience: Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapist (MFTs), Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs), Occupational Therapists (OTs), Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs), School Psychologists, and Teachers