New 1-Hour Online CE Course @pdresources.org
Therapy Tidbits – January/February 2018 is a new 1-hour online continuing education (CE) course comprised of select articles from the January/February 2018 issue of The National Psychologist, a private, independent bi-monthly newspaper intended to keep psychologists (and other mental health professionals) informed about practice issues. The articles included in this course are:
- Legalization for Medical Use Means Psychologists Should Study Marijuana – Discusses the variables involved in considering if marijuana may be a beneficial treatment for patients.
- Second EPPP Exam to be Mandatory – Summarizes the upcoming changes regarding the mandatory second EPPP exam.
- CMS Unfairly Penalizing Psychologists’ PQRS Reports – Reviews the difficulties practitioners are facing with PQRS reports and provides information on how APA will help in 2018.
- How to Fine Tune Consultations – Offers advice on how to determine when a consultation may be necessary and who may be best equipped to provide you the necessary information.
- Gun Violence: A Professional Psychology Proposal – Describes the NAPPP’s proposal to help reduce gun violence.
- High Quality, Well Documented Patient Care is Risk Management – Explains how developing habits of good practice and judicious competence underlie risk management protocols.
- Remaining Resilient as an ECP, Despite Stress – Provides strategies that may help mental health providers establish good boundaries and self-care while supporting clients who are dealing with painful experiences and loss.
- Ministries Exempt from ACA Strictures – An overview of the ever-growing Heath Care Sharing Ministries (HCSM) medical coverage option.
Course #11-16 | 2018 | 17 pages | 10 posttest questions
This online course provides instant access to the course materials (PDF download) and CE test. After enrolling, click on My Account and scroll down to My Active Courses. From here you’ll see links to download/print the course materials and take the CE test (you can print the test to mark your answers on it while reading the course document).
Successful completion of the online CE test (80% required to pass, 3 chances to take) and course evaluation are required to earn a certificate of completion. Click here to learn more. Have a question? Contact us. We’re here to help!
Professional Development Resources is approved to sponsor continuing education by the American Psychological Association (APA); the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC ACEP #5590); the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB #1046, ACE Program); the Florida Boards of Clinical Social Work, Marriage & Family Therapy, and Mental Health Counseling (#BAP346) and Psychology & School Psychology (#50-1635); the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & MFT Board (#RCST100501); the South Carolina Board of Professional Counselors & MFTs (#193); and the Texas Board of Examiners of Marriage & Family Therapists (#114) and State Board of Social Worker Examiners (#5678).