The latest volume in our Therapy Tidbits series is here:
Therapy Tidbits – March/April 2019 is a 1-hour online continuing education (CE) course comprised of select articles from the March/April 2019 issue of The National Psychologist, a private, independent bi-monthly newspaper intended to keep psychologists informed about practice issues. The articles included in this course are:
- Major Push Seeks to Expand RxP Jurisdictions – Discusses the efforts of the RxP movement, including challenges along the path to prescription authority for psychologists.
- Controversy Swirls around APA Guidelines on Men, Boys – Explains the purpose of the APA guidelines, and the criticism they have undergone.
- PSYPACT Almost Ready to Take Effect – Introduces what PSYPACT is and explains what needs to happen for it to commence.
- Retirees are Untapped Market for Psychologists – Explains how psychologists can help those planning for retirement, and those who are in process of it.
- Integrated Care is Future for Psychology – Acknowledges the changing healthcare platform and provides suggestions for future psychologists to excel in integrated care.
- Rule-Making, State Boards Reshaping Psychology – Questions the TSBEP decision to grant unsupervised practice to masters-level Licensed Psychological Associates (LPAs).
- Pain Management Demands Attention to Mental Health – Discusses how psychologists can be integral in ending the war on prescription drug abuse.
- Choosing Interpreter Requires Considerations – Provides points to consider when choosing an interpreter for use in clinical practice.
- Practicalities in Animal Assisted Therapy – Provides practical, experience-based advise on including animals in your practice with patients.
Course #11-26 | 2019 | 19 pages | 10 posttest questions
- CE Credit: 1 Hour
- Target Audience: Psychologists
- Learning Level: Introductory
- Course Type: Online
Professional Development Resources is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Professional Development Resources maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Professional Development Resources is also approved by the Florida Board of Psychology and the Office of School Psychology and is CE Broker compliant (#50-1635).
Our online courses provide instant access to the course materials (PDF download) and CE test. Successful completion of the online CE test (80% required to pass, 3 chances to take) and course evaluation are required to earn a certificate of completion. You’ll have 3 years from purchase date to complete for credit. Click here to learn more. Have a question? Contact us. We’re here to help!
Professional Development Resources is a nonprofit educational corporation 501(c)(3) organized in 1992. We are approved to sponsor continuing education by the American Psychological Association (APA); the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC); the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB); the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA); the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA); the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR); the Alabama State Board of Occupational Therapy; the Florida Boards of Social Work, Mental Health Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology & School Psychology, Dietetics & Nutrition, Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, and Occupational Therapy Practice; the Georgia State Board of Occupational Therapy; the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors (#MHC-0135); the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & MFT Board and Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology; the South Carolina Board of Professional Counselors & MFTs; the Texas Board of Examiners of Marriage & Family Therapists and State Board of Social Worker Examiners; and are CE Broker compliant (all courses are reported within a few days of completion).