Thirty (30) hours of continuing education [Continuing Professional Education Units (CPEUs)] are required to renew.
Continuing Professional Education must meet the following requirements:
- consist of education beyond that required for entry into the profession
- update, enhance or assess knowledge and skills required for competent performance
- provide learning outcomes that apply to practice
Acceptable continuing professional education activities must meet the requirements of this section and may include activities sponsored by the following approved organizations provided they meet the requirements and criteria of this section:
- Georgia Board of Examiners of Licensed Dietitians
- American Dietetic Association (ADA) and affiliates
- Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR)
A licensee must retain all required supporting documents as proof of completion of continuing professional education for no less than five (5) years. Proof of continuing professional education may be documented by:
- A copy of the licensee’s current Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR) card and CDR record of continuing professional education; provided, however, that the continuing professional education complies with the requirements specified within this chapter; or
- Certificate of attendance including date of event, number of contact hours and a program agenda or description of the course.
Professional Development Resources is a CPE Accredited Provider with the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR Provider #PR001). CPE accreditation does not constitute endorsement by CDR of provider programs or materials. Georgia-licensed dietitians can earn all of their required hours through online courses offered @ http://www.pdresources.org/Courses/Dietetics-and-Nutrition/Online/CourseID/1/
The Georgia Board of Examiners of Licensed Dietitians: http://sos.georgia.gov/plb/dietitians/