Therapy Tidbits – Spring 2020 is a new 1-hour online continuing education (CE) course comprised of select articles from the Spring 2020 issue of The National Psychologist, a private, independent, quarterly newspaper intended to keep psychologists informed about practice issues.
The articles included in this course are:
- Psychologists Adjust to World with Coronavirus – Discusses the reasons why offering telemental health services will be beneficial for psychologists and their patients.
- July 1 is Target Date for First PSYPACT Applications – Provides an overview of PSYPACT and the steps to take if you are interested in applying to practice telepsychology or temporarily work face-to-face across state lines (in states that have approved the PSYPACT legislation).
- Psychologists Consider Return on Investment – Discusses the Merit Based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and some of the upcoming changes in 2020.
- Mitchell Testifies in Preliminary Hearing – An update of the court case in which James Mitchell, PhD, and John Jessen, PhD, were accused of designing torturous interrogation methods for CIA prisoners during interrogations following the 9/11 attacks.
- Touching Not Always a Violation – Highlights the need for discrepancy and compassion when supporting clients and lists the Zur Institute’s Risk Management guidelines.
- Child Porn Poses Ethical Dilemma – Clarifies the conflict that a therapist faces when a patient reveals he is watching pornography online.
- Associations Offer ECPs Many Advantages – Enumerates some of the benefits of joining your local, state, and/or national chapter of the American Psychological Association (APA).
- The Insurance War on Psychodiagnostic Testing – Explains how insurance company protocols make testing of patients more and more difficult.
- When to Update to the Newest Revision of a Test – Reviews guidance provided by professional associations on when to transition to the most current version of a psychological test.
- Nation’s Largest Children’s Behavioral Health Center Opens – Describes the Big Lots Behavioral Health Pavillion’s Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio.
Course #11-36 | 2020 | 17 pages | 10 posttest questions
Therapy Tidbits – Spring 2020 is an online course that provides instant access to the course materials (PDF download) and CE test. The course is text-based (reading) and the CE test is open-book (you can print the test to mark your answers on it while reading the course document).
Successful completion of the online CE test (80% required to pass, 3 chances to take) and course evaluation are required to earn a certificate of completion. Click here to learn more.
Have a question? Contact us. We’re here to help!
Professional Development Resources is a nonprofit educational corporation 501(c)(3) organized in 1992. We are approved to sponsor continuing education by the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC); the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB); the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA); the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA); the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR); the Alabama State Board of Occupational Therapy; the Florida Boards of Social Work, Mental Health Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology & School Psychology, Dietetics & Nutrition, Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, and Occupational Therapy Practice; the Georgia State Board of Occupational Therapy; the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors (#MHC-0135); the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & MFT Board and Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology; the South Carolina Board of Professional Counselors & MFTs; the Texas Board of Examiners of Marriage & Family Therapists and State Board of Social Worker Examiners; and are CE Broker compliant (all courses are reported within a few days of completion).
“Professional Development Resources is approved by the American Psychological Association to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Professional Development Resources maintains responsibility for this program and its content.”
PDR offers over 150 accredited online CE courses for healthcare professionals.
Target Audience: Psychologists, School Psychologists, Counselors, Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists (MFTs), Speech-Language Pathologists (SLPs), Occupational Therapists (OTs), Registered Dietitian Nutritionists (RDNs), and Teachers