New CE Course @pdresources.org
Therapy Tidbits – March/April 2017 is a 1-hour online continuing education (CE) course that covers a wide range of therapy topics in a succinct and reader-friendly format. The articles included in this edition are:
- Drug Tests Add Doubt to Amyloid Theory on Alzheimer’s – Reviews clinical drug trial findings and a new classification system proposed for Alzheimer’s disease based solely on biomarkers.
- Washington State High Court Expands Tarasoff Duty to Warn – Summarizes the Washington State Supreme Court ruling that mental health professionals have a duty to protect and warn potential victims of violence by patients under their care even in cases where there were no potential victims named.
- Medicaid Working Under ACA – But With Costs – Discusses Medicaid expansion, ACA coverage and projections for the remainder of the year.
- Psychology’s Role in the National Drug Epidemic – Provides suggestions for small steps clinicians can take to help curb the epidemic.
- Exposure Varies in Alternative Practice Models – Discusses potential risks and benefits of alternative practice models.
- Six Keys to Effective and Efficient Private Practice Marketing – Offers marketing strategies clinicians can use to promote themselves and their practices to develop a consistent flow of clients.
- Treatment of Simple Phobia – Reviews a case study of a client with swallowing phobia.
- Confidentiality Limited for Service Members – Provides guidance for civilian clinicians that provide mental health services to members of our military.
- Metta World Peace – More Than Just a Name – Discusses Metta World Peace’s goals of promoting psychological well-being and reducing stigma regarding mental illness.
- To Terminate or Not to Terminate? – Offers practice tips for clinicians to use when considering terminating therapy with clients.
Course #11-09 | 2017 | 18 pages | 10 posttest questions | Click here to learn more.
This online course provides instant access to the course materials (PDF download) and CE test. After enrolling, click on My Account and scroll down to My Active Courses. From here you’ll see links to download/print the course materials and take the CE test (you can print the test to mark your answers on it while reading the course document). Successful completion of the online CE test (80% required to pass, 3 chances to take) and course evaluation are required to earn a certificate of completion. Click here to learn more.
This continuing education course is offered by Professional Development Resources, a non-profit provider approved to sponsor CE by the American Psychological Association (APA); the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC); the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB); the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA); the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA); the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR); the Alabama State Board of Occupational Therapy; the Florida Boards of Social Work, Mental Health Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology & School Psychology, Dietetics & Nutrition, Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, and Occupational Therapy Practice; the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & MFT Board and Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology; the South Carolina Board of Professional Counselors & MFTs; and by the Texas Board of Examiners of Marriage & Family Therapists and State Board of Social Worker Examiners.
Click here to view all Therapy Tidbits editions.