Therapy Tidbits – January/February 2019 is a new 1-hour online continuing education (CE) course comprised of select articles from the Jan/Feb 2019 issue of The National Psychologist, a private, independent bi-monthly newspaper intended to keep mental health professionals informed about practice issues. The articles included in this course are:
- 2019 Brings Overhaul of Testing Codes and Payment Changes– Discusses the new coding structure for central nervous system (CNS) assessments and confusion about the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS).
- 2019 Code Changes, MIPS Requirements, Oh My! – Explains the major procedure code changes coming in 2019 and how psychologists may be impacted.
- Midterm Elections Don’t Signal Single-Payer Health Care Anytime Soon – Reviews the current state of health care possibilities following the midterm election results.
- Psychology and Song – Examines how music can affect us both physiologically and emotionally.
- Fee Splitting is Unethical – and Sometimes Illegal – Describes the ins and outs of fee splitting and how to remain both ethical and legal in practice.
- 3 Questions to Ask HIPAA Vendors – Provides answers for three important questions to consider when selecting a HIPPA service.
- Meeting Needs, Not Schedules – An inside look at the concierge model of psychology, including tips for successful practice.
- Confronting Dissatisfaction with Professional Services – Provides twelve risk management strategies for psychologists to minimize and hopefully avoid consumer dissatisfaction, as well as ethical and legal complaints
- Advertising Offers Must be Ethical – Reviews considerations for advertising psychological services both ethically and legally.
- Kids’ Behavior Problems Often Misdiagnosed – Discusses the ramifications of different parenting factors on children’s behavior and the misdiagnosing of emotional and behavioral disorders.
Course #11-25 | 2019 | 22 pages | 10 posttest questions
This online course provides instant access to the course materials (PDF download) and CE test. After enrolling, click on My Account and scroll down to My Active Courses. From here you’ll see links to download/print the course materials and take the CE test (you can print the test to mark your answers on it while reading the course document).
Successful completion of the online CE test (80% required to pass, 3 chances to take) and course evaluation are required to earn a certificate of completion. Click here to learn more. Have a question? Contact us. We’re here to help!
Professional Development Resources is a nonprofit educational corporation 501(c)(3) organized in 1992. We are approved to sponsor continuing education by the American Psychological Association (APA); the National Board of Certified Counselors (NBCC); the Association of Social Work Boards (ASWB); the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA); the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA); the Commission on Dietetic Registration (CDR); the Alabama State Board of Occupational Therapy; the Florida Boards of Social Work, Mental Health Counseling and Marriage and Family Therapy, Psychology & School Psychology, Dietetics & Nutrition, Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology, and Occupational Therapy Practice; the Georgia State Board of Occupational Therapy; the New York State Education Department’s State Board for Mental Health Practitioners as an approved provider of continuing education for licensed mental health counselors (#MHC-0135); the Ohio Counselor, Social Worker & MFT Board and Board of Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology; the South Carolina Board of Professional Counselors & MFTs; the Texas Board of Examiners of Marriage & Family Therapists and State Board of Social Worker Examiners; and are CE Broker compliant (all courses are reported within a few days of completion).