Even though both Social Workers and MFTs are licensed under the same board, there are different continuing education requirements for each profession.
Mississippi-licensed Social Workers are required to obtain 40 hours of continuing education during each renewal cycle. LSW renew on 9/30 and LCSW/LMSW renew on 4/30, every 2 years.
- 4 hours must pertain to professional ethics
- 2 hours must be in cultural diversity
- No limit on approved online courses with a posttest and evaluation
- ASWB-approved courses are automatically accepted
- 4 hours must pertain to professional ethics (not allowed from online courses)
- 2 hours in supervision is required of MFTs holding supervisor status
- 17 hours are allowed from approved online courses with a posttest and evaluation
- AAMFT-approved courses are automatically accepted