Professional Development Resources has partnered with The National Psychologist to develop a timely new ‘practice tips’ series of online continuing education courses for psychologists, counselors, social workers and MFTs. These new 2-hour online courses address a variety of clinical topics, written by ‘experts’ in the prospective fields.
Psychotherapy Practice Tips, Part 1 covers the following clinical topics:
- Anger, violence and radical ideologies: mental illness or different beliefs?
- Psychopathy important to understand in clinical practice
- Is marijuana an appropriate treatment for ADD/ADHD?
- Internet pornography addiction cause discomfort to some therapists
- Talking to lifers, dilemmas and opportunities
- Are mad and genius peas in the same pod?
- Mad and genius are separate states of mind
- Complex traumatic stress disorders in a general practice setting
- Better serving victims of sexual assault
- Using mindful affirmations in clinical practice
- Army to train its own in positive psychology
- Health redefined by National Academies of Practice
- Encouraging a psychotropic medication evaluation
- Latino immigration: Humanizing communities and unifying voices
- The impact of learning disabilities on the self
Course #20-67 | 2012 | 27 pages | 15 posttest questions
Psychotherapy Practice Tips, Part 2 addresses the following:
- Tips on documenting disabilities for college
- Refugee children of war-torn lands need help
- Psychological testing: a look back; a look ahead
- Hearing loss always psychologically significant
- Introducing the Rorschach Performance Assessment System (R-PAS)
- Jails are nation’s largest institutions for mentally ill
- Songs as adjuncts to psychotherapy
- Post-disaster roles for psychologists
- Solving ‘under’ and ‘over’ diagnosis in drugged children
- Assessment: From the other side of the desk
- Web of addictions creates treatment problems
- 10 tips from 40 years in clinical practice
- Better training needed to cope with violent patients
- Teens face complex problems in modern world
Course #20-68 | 2012 | 26 pages | 15 posttest questions
Professional Development Resources is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for psychologists. Professional Development Resources maintains responsibility for this program and its content. Professional Development Resources is also approved by the Florida Board of Psychology and the Office of School Psychology and is CE Broker compliant (#50-1635).