Arizona-licensed psychologists are required to renew their license by April 30th of each odd-numbered year, and must complete a minimum of 60 hours of continuing education during each two-year license renewal period.
CE Required: 60 hours every 2 years (minimum 40 from Cat 1)
Online CE Allowed: No limit (considered Cat 1 – must have certificate)
License Expiration: 4/30, odd years
National Accreditation Accepted: APA
Notes: 4 hrs professional ethics & 4 hrs domestic violence or child abuse required each renewal (must be from Cat 1)
Category I consists of:
- Post-doctoral study sponsored by a regionally accredited university or college that provides a graduate-level degree program, or a course, seminar, workshop, or home study with certificate of completion, or a continuing education program offered by a national, international, regional, or state association, society, board, or continuing education provider, if at least 75% of the program is related to the “practice of psychology.”
- Attending a Board meeting. A licensee receives four continuing education hours in professional ethics as required under subsection (B)(1) for attending eight hours or more of a Board meeting and two continuing education hours for attending between four and eight hours of a Board meeting. A licensee shall complete documentation provided by the Board at the time the licensee attends a Board meeting. The Board shall not accept more than 10 continuing education hours obtained by attending a Board meeting from a licensee for each renewal period; and
- Serving as a complaint consultant. A licensee who serves as a Board complaint consultant to review Board complaints and provide a written report to the Board, receives continuing education hours equal to the actual number of hours served as a complaint consultant up to a maximum of 20 hours per renewal period.
Category II consists of:
- Self-study or study groups for professional growth and development as a psychologist;
- Preparation that results in publication of an authored or co-authored psychology book, psychology book chapter, or article in a peer-reviewed psychology journal;
- Presentation of a symposium or paper at a state, regional, national, or international psychology meeting;
- Attendance at or participation in a case conference; or
- A course, workshop, seminar, or symposium for professional growth and development as a psychologist or enhancement of psychological practice, education, or administration.
All licensees, regardless of status, are required by law to complete and return the Application for License Renewal form with the required fee.
Professional Development Resources is approved by the American Psychological Association (APA) to sponsor continuing education for Arizona-licensed psychologists. Professional Development Resources offers over 150 online and home study courses that provide a certificate of completion. Professional Development Resources allows you the flexibility to earn CEU credits at your own pace and according to your own schedule, wherever you are.